My Fax Free
This service allows users to send faxes over the Internet. The process takes between 10-15 minutes from sending the fax to receiving the email that the fax was delivered (or that it failed).
The requirements and limitations of using this service for free are:
· A limit of two (2) faxes may be sent in a 24 hour period.
· Users must have an e-mail address that they can access during the faxing process (but no registration is required).
· Documents to be faxed must be in a digital format. Hard copies may be scanned to meet this requirement.
1. Go to myfax.com/free
2. Ignore the orange “Sign Up Now” button. It is not necessary to sign up for the service.
3. Type the required information in the “To” (box 1) and “From” (box 2) boxes.
4. In the “Fax Message” (box 3) box, click the “Browse” button to select the file you would like to fax. If the document you want to fax is in a hard copy format, scan the document first. Type a message in the “Enter text message” box if you want to add a note to your cover page.
5. Click the orange “Send Fax” button.
6. A message will appear notifying you that your fax has been placed in the sending queue. Click OK.
7. Check your e-mail for the confirmation message from MyFax. This may take a few minutes to appear. When it does, click on the link to confirm that you want your fax to be delivered.
8. A browser window will appear saying that your fax is being sent. MyFax will send another email message when the fax has been delivered (or a notice that it could not be delivered). This may take a few minutes to be completed.